Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 19:07:31 -0500
On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, Philo wrote:

> Okay then:
> cc:Mail only gives TWO headers: its best guess at a "From" line, and the
> subject line. Lotus has confirmed there is NO way for a user to access the
> rest of the headers.
> Always willing to learn,
> Philo

I don't use cc:mail, but try setting your LISTSERV account to DUALHDR
 (send msg to the List Command Address:  LISTSERV@...)
 (1 line msg  SET listname DUALhdr)

This is supposed to tell LISTSERV(tm) to include a second copy of all the
headers, as part of the message text (I assume it prepends the usual ">"
char).  This allows users of 'broken' mail systems like cc:mail to have
access to the full headers.  It just isn't quite as automatic to do Reply,
Fwd, etc and get the addresses right, but at least the info is there to
work with.

If this works, then it shows that Lsoft really does want to help users of
'broken' systems, by providing a mechanism to work around the shortcomings
of the faulty system, until such time as the system is fixed or replaced
with something better.  Maybe the user doesn't have full lazy-mode
functionality, but it's better than nothing.

Try it.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]