Pat Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 15:39:10 -0400
On 7 Oct 99, at 19:51, Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Pat Wolf wrote:
>
> >On 7 Oct 99, at 0:39, rex <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> >> Being able to set individual posters to REVIEW is a great feature.
> >> A serious limitation of REVIEW is that the message cannot be
> >> altered without appearing to come from the editor.
> >

> >You can edit a post and send it back to the list with an additional
> >header "Resent-From: [log in to unmask]". It will then appear
> >to come from the original sender.
>
> However this behavior *only* happens when the list is configured
> "Send= Editor".  If the list is configured "Send= Private" (or any
> setting other than "Editor"), the post will appear to come from the
> *editor*, not the original sender, regardless of any "Resent-From:"
> headers that may be inserted.

My list (OES-L) has the following in its header:

   Send=private
   [log in to unmask] (this changes depending on the work load)

These settings allow us to put everyone on review intially and take
them off as they get used to the Topics. Right now I have about 25
out of almost 500 subscribers on Review. Most of the messages needing
editing have to do with incorrect Topic usage.

I just did one. When I approved the resent message and it showed up
on the List it looked like it came from the original poster and it
now contains these additional headers:

Approved-By:  [log in to unmask]
Comments:     Resent-From: [log in to unmask]
Comments:     Originally-From: "Pat Wolf" <[log in to unmask]>

But to the List (who don't bother to look at the extended headers) it
looks like it came from the original poster.

Isn't that what you are trying to accomplish?

Pat Wolf