Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 12:08:01 -0500
On Sat, 1 Jun 1996 18:44:25 EDT, Ruth Ginzberg wrote:
>I am wondering how others deal with the apparently increasing problem
>(at least on my list) of subscribers whose systems seem to be down
>or otherwise not receiving mail every weekend  What I'd LIKE to do is
>to educate all these folks to set their options to nomail on Fri night
>before they go home, but that seems kind of futile.

If it is really a problem, you may want to implement Yale's solution-- "if
your mail is returned for ANY reason you will be unsubscribed; you can
resubscribe when the problem is fixed."  Affected subscribers are likely to
start using nomail after they go past a couple of Mondays noticing they
need to resubscribe.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]>      (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html