Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:59:28 -0600
At 07:27 PM 6/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On 16 Jun 97 18:00:56 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>

>>I still fail to understand the problem.  If you confirm three messages, you
>>get three confirmation msgs back.  Unless you're someone who has TONS to
>>confirm,
>
>I do have quite a few to do.
>

>>If you delete them when you confirm, that also makes it clear that any in
>>your inbox haven't been confirmed.
>
>You have just hit the nail on the head. When I do fail to delete one,
>that is the very one I wish I had a way to check without sending
>another confirm message.
>
>>  If that doesn't satisfy you, confirming
>>the same message AGAIN does NO harm.
>
>Except it is a waste of time and our server is quite busy.

Understand your points.  But I fail to see why there should be a "fix" or
"change" to the software because of occasional mistakes a listowner makes.
ALL of us make quite a few mistakes in our lives, and we adapt to them.
And decent software either does no harm when you goof (like LISTSERV), or
at least checks with you "do you really want to reformat your hard disk??"
before allowing you to goofup.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534