Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:20:20 +1000
Hello friends!

I have a couple of Q I would like to ask your assistance with... I would
like to change the DNS under which my LSV is running.

This is the situation: (no real names used)

Currently I am running the list on abc.edu.  This is the main DNS for this
IP network and hence has both forward and reverse DNS setup.

I have registerd with internic xyz.org and would like to start using that
Domain Name instead.  Both primary and secondary name servers are setup
and I would like to know if there are some caveats in announcing the
change and start running LSV as lsv.xyz.org (as opposed to lsv.abc.edu).
I have simply setup an lsv alias under xyz.org to point to the host
running the LSV software.  I know that I will have to edit the go scripts
for the name changes (I assume this is required) and I am just concerned
whether sendmail or any other component related to the operation of
Listserv needs to be considered (the DNS has MX records setup).

Any comments would be appreciated.

Best regards,

UNTPDC Admin.

PS. would LSV support multiple domains??? This would be really neat cause
the change would be so much smoother! :)

PS2. I am running 1.8c for IRIX with sendmail.

PS3. I have noticed the discussions re: qmail.  what is Listservs stand
on this matter... would qmail be a better solution than sendmail?  Any
ppl actually using it right now?  Is it worth the change?