Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:10:04 -0400
This has been frustrating for me, also, but I understand that it is an
internet convention. This is what I include under searches in my list
FAQ:

...and so on. When you've found which messages you would like to see,
send another message to the Listserv address with anything you like as
the "Subject:" and something like this as the message:

        GETPOST ASPERGER 7474 7477-7478

...this command will get message numbers 7474, 7477-7478.

Note that the time and date the listserv uses is not necessarily when
the post was received. The time/date stamp is taken from the sending
computer. People are sending from different time zones, and some
computers are not set to the correct date or time. If the search comes
back with numbers that are much lower than the bulk of the numbers,
these are probably old messages. If there are gaps between numbers, then
the time/date stamp of those messages is probably in the future -- even
though the listserv received it between the other messages. The safest
way to retrieve all messages is to get all posts between the first and
last consistent batch of numbers.

In the example above, it is a safe bet that 007475 and 007476 came in
during that time period, but have a later time/date stamp. The command
would be:

        GETPOST ASPERGER 7474-7478

--
Karen Reznek