John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:49:34 -0400
> But you'll see the ones involving Compuserve, because it does its
> bounce messages in a way that confounds Listserv's attempts to handle them
> automatically.

Compuserve sends bounces back to the list (violation of RFC standards)
instead of the owner-listname address (MAIL FROM)  This is why that error
message initially looks like a user quoted list headers to a novice listowner
(which I'm not far beyond).  Actually Listserv rejected the Compuserve error
message (sent to the list) because it found the listname in the body
("Sender:", "From:" or  "Reply-To:" field pointing to the list has been found
in mail body. ) then sent that error/rejection to the owner.

So you get the compuserve bounces, just in a confusing round-about way.