Michael B Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 09:28:33 -0000
Now our new LISTSERV is ready to go, there's just the one thing
left to do: update the forms on our Web pages appropriately. But
here I've struck a problem.

The World Wide Words web site is on a completely separate system
to the LISTSERV. I have access to CGI/PERL scripting, so can
create a form-based interface. But how do I write it so the
LISTSERV will accept subscription requests and process them
properly?

The only way I can think of is to make the e-mail address from
which the CGI submissions would come a list owner and use the
ADD command. Is this how people do it, or are there security
implications in doing this? Is there a better way?

Michael B Quinion <[log in to unmask]> Thornbury, Bristol, UK
     World Wide Words: <http://www.clever.net/quinion/words/>