Thu, 4 Nov 1993 13:51:18 EST
Roger Burns   [log in to unmask] writes:

> I do my list management from a non-BITNET node which therefore is limited
> to e-mail messages.  Sometimes I'd like to PUT a file and set a fairly
> long description as well
[...]
> Is there any way I can
> continue a PUT command so that the 2nd line can hold a longer title than
> if it were only on the 1st line?

Eric described (in LSTOWN-L?  in LSTSRV-L?) LB64.C, which can take files
of arbitrary length and convert them into ASCII, 80-or-fewer files that
LISTSERV (1.7f and up?) can use.  Search the archives for the details.
use "get lb64 c" (or "get lb64.c", I just found) to get the program, which
has a fairly detailed header comment.

I've successfully PUT headers for my lists with it.  It may not be what you
wanted, but it might do what you want.

En paz,
Steve, co-owner, Quaker-L and Quaker-P
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
[log in to unmask] -OR- [log in to unmask]