Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:09:42 -0400
>Just by coincidence, I had two subscribers auto-deleted today by two
>different methods, and I don't understand the difference.

[snipping the first one since you understand that one]

>Two:
>
>     Date sent:          Wed, 18 Apr 2001 06:01:57 -0500
>     From:               "L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)"
>     report
>

>     The following 1 subscriber was deleted from the GUATEMALA-ADOPT list
>     today:

>     The following 2 subscribers were probed today:

>The first I understand but why the second deletion?  The user in question
>wa snot on the error monitoring report.  Is it one which resulted form a
>"hard" error that triggers immediate deletion instead of monitoring?  And
>why doesn't LISTSERV tell me the specific reason as it does in the
>monitoring report?

You've got:

>      Renewal= 6-monthly,Delay(14)

This means that any subscription that's been inactive for six months
will be asked if they want to remain on the mailing list.  If they
don't respond in fourteen days they're removed.  Whether or not the
address bounces or not isn't relevent to this (except of course that
if the renewal request bounces then the subscriber won't get it and
so won't renew their subscription).

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support