George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 21:56:15 EST
Peter:

>As far as I am aware, you can't hide the OWNER= unless you
>make the REVIEW=OWNER.

Actually (as I've recently discovered) the review option only applies to the
list of subscribers.  Outsiders can still see everything on the header, even
when review=owner.  (Apparently the "hide" option, mentioned in a syntax
error report when I tried to change the header, has no relevance, if it even
exists).  I was able to retrieve the list header of a list I wasn't even
subscribed to, which was set to review=owner.

The only way around this apparently is to set the list to confidential=yes.
This makes the review command completely useless (at least to outsiders, I
don't know about owners).

George