Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Jan 1993 14:46:20 EST
On Thu, 7 Jan 1993 14:58:34 +0100 you said:
>A particular list owner  may decide he doesn't  want to see anonymous
>postings on his list and  he may be quite  right in doing so...

I hadn't intended to initiate such a wide-ranging discussion.  I WOULD
like to be able to 'serve off' anonymous servers for a SPECIFIC list (at
the moment, it's EVERY list on a host or known).

Sure, it's not possible to prevent ALL anonymous mail, but my impression
is that those clever enough to disguise or forge mail on their own
generally have better things (sometimes worse, too I suppose) to do with
their talent than make mischief on lists.  Cutting off anonymous servers
probably will take care of 90+ percent of those who merely have warped
minds and too much time on their hands.

/s Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>