Thomas Robb <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:21:21 JST
Eric has cleverly set up the LISTSERV so that many administrative
requests that are accidentally posted to the list are filtered --
the listserv recognizes that the command is *valid* syntax for
a listserv command and rejects the posting.

Many postings, however, still get through because the syntax is
NOT perfect.  I wonder how practical it would be to have the
listserv parser recognize a few ill-formed requests, as well, for
example,

Any one line postings that start with the word "GET"
Any one line postings that start with "Please" and contain the
 string " sub" or " unsub" in the line.
Any one line postings that contain the word "mail" or "no mail"
 in the line.

Perhaps instead of 'one line postings' it should read "postings
of few than 5 lines with the following in the first line" to
take care of messages with signatures included.

If this is off the wall or something which has been previously
discussed and in the archives, I apologize!

Cheers,
  --Tom Robb, Owner TESLJB-L, TESLEJ-L, TESLHELP

    /Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D.                  [log in to unmask]\
   < Professor, Kyoto Sangyo Univ.        [log in to unmask] >
    \Kyoto Sangyo University                +81-720-44-7303 (Fax)/