Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:46:02 -0500
I run three Listserv lists:

<http://www.interlog.com/~joeclark/axxlist.html>
<http://www.interlog.com/~joeclark/vsxe.html>
<http://www.interlog.com/~joeclark/screenfont.html>

I subscribe to another, Graphic Design discussion
<[log in to unmask]>. That list is extremely well-behaved. I
receive the digest version, and MIME characters come through beautifully. I
never, ever see =20 at the ends of lines. It's superpristine. In fact, in
Eudora Pro, if "Receive MIME digests as mailboxes" is selected, Graphics
happily transforms itself from a mere digest to an actual mailbox.

The problem is that none of my lists is as well-behaved. I do not have a
clue why. I have looked at all the lists' headers and can see nothing
special that Graphics is doing. Listserv 1.8c is in use in all cases.

Here are the three headers. Maybe someone can spot something I can't.

(0)
*  Graphic Design discussion
*
*  Review= Private   Subscription= Open,Confirm Send= Private
*  Notify= No        Reply-to= List,Respect     Files= No
*  Errors-to= [log in to unmask]      Default-Options= REPRO
*  Notebook= Yes,E,Weekly,Private               Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,16
*  Auto-delete= Yes,Full-Auto
*  Renewal= Yearly,Delay(14),Probe
*  List-Address= FQDN                           Mail-Via= Dist2

(1)
*  Access (the Media Access mailing list)
*  A St. Johns University List
*
* Errors-to= Owner
*  Review= Public
*  Subscription= open,confirm
*  Send= Public
*  Notify= Yes              Reply-to=Sender ,Respect    Files= Yes
*  Confidential= No         Validate= No                X-Tags= Yes
*  Stats= Normal,Public         Ack= No
*  Default-Options= Repro,ShortHDR
*  Notebook= Yes,LISTS:[ACCESS],Weekly,Public
*  Mail-via= Distribute
*  Auto-delete= yes
*  Renewal= 6-Monthly
*  Sizelim= 5000
*  Daily-threshold= 50

(2)
* Onscreen typography
*
* Ack=             Yes
* Confidential=    No
* Daily-Threshold= 100
* Files=           No
* Language=        English
* Mail-Via=        Distribute
* Notebook=        Yes,/usr/local/spool/listserv/lists/sFont-L,Weekly,Public
* Notify=          No
* Reply-To=        List,Respect
* Review=          Public
* Send=            Private
* Stats=           Normal,Owner
* Subscription=    Open,Confirm
* Validate=        No
* Repro=        Yes

(3)
*  VsXe (the Vegan-Straightedge Mailing List)
*  A St. John's University List
*
*  Errors-to= Owner
*  Review= Private
*  Subscription= open,confirm
*  Send= Private
*  Notify= No              Reply-to=Sender,Ignore    Files= No
*  Confidential= No        Validate= No              X-Tags= Yes
*  Stats= Normal,Public    Ack= No
*  Notebook= No
*  Digest= Yes,LISTS:[VSXE],Daily,17:00
*  Default-Options= Repro,ShortHDR,NoHTML,NoAck
*  Mail-via= Distribute
*  Sender= "The Vegan-Straightedge Mailing List <[log in to unmask]>"
*  Auto-delete= yes
*  Renewal= 2-Monthly
*  Sizelim= 250
*  Daily-threshold= 50