"Thaxton, Dennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:05:27 -0500
        I having a bit of a problem with the Primetime setting in version
1.8d.  We distribute a weekly announcement list to about 7200 subscribers.
Preferrably, the list should only be processed between 6PM - 6AM Mon-Fri or
any time on the weekend.  I've configured the site and the list as follows:

Site configuration Primetime = 'MON-FRI: 0600-1759; SAT-SUN: -'

List configuration has  Prime= No

        However, when the newletters is actually posted (sometime between
8AM and noon) it is immediately processed and mailing begins.  Distributing
a 15-16k newsletter to 7200+ subscribers during the middle of the workday
obviously affects our network bandwidth for other services.  Can anyone
identify why the mailing doesn't take place after primetime?

Dennis W. Thaxton
Director for Information Systems
Naval Media Center