George Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 18:27:21 -0500
OK, here are the two forms of the list distribution header along with my
original question after your post below. Thanks for your help.

At 05:01 PM 10/2/97 -0400, Pete Weiss wrote:
>|What could I be doing wrong?
>|Does SENDER= have anything to do with it.
>
>Probably not.
>
>It might be that your list title (as defined in your list headers) is of
>sufficient length that the FROM: Field is "wrapping" causing some REPLY
>confusion.  Why don't your post the two forms of list distributions headers?
>
>Also, be sure that what you think your are testing was generated AFTER the
>list definition was updated (since you may have been notified that the
>headers were updated before you received the "next" distribution in your
>mail box, but that does NOT mean that that "next" distribution was
>generated AFTER the list definitions were updated -- the list DISTRIBUTE
>path is different from the command response path).
>--
>mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
>31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA
>Powered by: LISTSERV, Eudora, Netscape, mIRC, FreeAgent

__________ My original question________________

I noticed on the SPAM-L list that when I hit my REPLY button a message is
sent to the sender and not the list. When I hit REPLY ALL a message is sent
to the list. I like that so I looked at SPAM-L header and noticed that
REPLY-TO=SENDER,RESPECT
and my header was LIST,RESPECT

SO, I change my header to SENDER,RESPECT but now it still does not work the
same
When I hit Reply a message is sent correctly to the sender
but when I hit REPLY ALL a message comes up with the list address in the
copy to field
and a blank TO: field waiting for me to type in who I'm sending the message
to.

What could I be doing wrong?
Does SENDER= have anything to do with it.

Thanks.

_________ SPAM-L header that does do replys correctly _________

* Spam Prevention Discussion List
* To contact the list owner, write to [log in to unmask]
* FAQ --  http://www.ot.com/~dmuth/spam-l
*
* Notebook= Yes,E:\LISTS\SPAM-L,Weekly,Private
* Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,23:55,Size(1750)                Sizelim= 200
* Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto
* Subscription= Open,Confirm   Confirm-Delay= 71 h
* Ack= Yes                 Confidential= No              Notify= No
* Files= No                Mail-Via= Distribute          Validate= No
* Reply-to= Sender,Respect Review= Owners                Send= Private
* Stats= Normal,Private    X-Tags= Yes
* Default-Options= NoFiles,NoRepro
* Renewal= 6-Monthly,Probe
* Topics= CC,ME-TOO,ABUSE,ABUSE-RE,COURT,MEDIA,HELP,FAQ,NUKE
* Daily-Threshold= 100
* {4 lines hidden}
*
*
* Total number of "concealed" subscribers:         107
* Total number of users subscribed to the list:    437  (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of local node users on the list:      0  (non-"concealed" only)
*

_________ My header that does not do replys correctly _________

* PSYCHEPI  Psychiatric Epidemiology mailing list
*
* A discussion list on St. Johns University server
* programmed by George Blake [log in to unmask]
*
* Access Control Keywords
* Files= No
* Hidden lines are filter lines that keep out spammers and problem users
* {64 lines hidden}
* Review= Owners
* Send= Private
* Stats= Normal,Private
*
* Distribution Keywords
* Ack= No
* Daily-Threshold= 2000,50
* Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,00-24,size(1000),BOTTOM_BANNER
* Internet-Via=
* Mail-Via= DISTRIBUTE
* Newsgroups=
* NJE-Via=
* Prime= Yes
* Reply-To= Sender,Respect
* Sender= List
* Sub-lists=
* Topics=
*
* Error Handling Keywords
* Auto-Delete= yes,Full-Auto,Delay(4),Max(50)
* Errors-To= [log in to unmask]
* Loopcheck= Full
* Safe= Yes
*
* List Maintenance and Moderation Keywords
* Editor=
* Editor-Header= Yes
* List-Address=
* List-ID=
* Moderator=
* New-List=
* Notebook=Yes,LISTS:[PSYCHEPI],Monthly,Public
* Notebook-Header= Short
* Notify= Yes
* Peers=
* Renewal= Monthly,Delay(5),Probe
* Sizelim= 200
* Subject-Tag= PSYCHEPI
* X-Tags= Yes
*
* Security Keywords
* Confidential= No
* Exit=
* Local=
* Service= *
* Validate= No
*
* Subscription Keywords
* Confirm-Delay= 48
* Default-Options= NODIGEST,Repro,ShortHDR,NOCONCEAL
* Default-Topics=
* Subscription= Open,confirm
*
* Other Keywords
* Categories define search categories for the CataList service
* Categories= Health:MentalHealth
* Categories= Health:Nursing
* Categories= Health:Hospitals
* Categories= Health:Organizations
* Categories= Health:Companies
* Categories= Health:Disabilities
* Categories= Health:Education
* Categories= Health:GeriatricsandAging
* Categories= Health:HealthAdministration
* Categories= Health:Healthcare
* Categories= Health:Institutes
* Categories= Health:Healthinsurance
* Categories= Science:Social:Psychology
* Categories= Science:Psychology
* Indent= 40
* Language= English
* Limits=
* Long-Lines= Yes
* Translate= Yes
*
* List Description
*
* <HTML>
* <CENTER> PSYCHEPI </CENTER>
*
* <p> The Psychiatric Epidemiology mailing list (PsychEpi) is a
* forum for discussion of the quantitative study of the distribution
* and causes of mental disorders in human populations. </p>
*
* <p> Researchers, clinicians,practitioners and anyone in the
* mental health field are all invited to participate. </p>
*
* <p> The goal is to add to knowledge concerning etiology, natural
* history, treatment and prevention ofpsychiatric disorders.  </p>
*
* <p> Appropriate topics include, but are not limited to,
* case identification, genetic/family studies, recurrence and
* comorbidity, social functioning, treatment efficacy,
* iatrogenic effects, and health care delivery systems.  </p>
*
* <p> No "model", be it medical, psychosocial, psychodynamic
* or deterministic is implied, condoned or rejected. Content and
* process are equally important. However, this is a scholarly
* discussion list, so please, substantiate you ideas with
* references to studies supporting your views.  It would be helpful
* if you have a URL to the study to share with the group. </p>
*
* <p>For information on the list and rules see
* <a href="http://www.niia.net/~aapt/psychepi.htm">
* American Association Psychiatric Techncians Web Site </a> </p>
* <p>Don't forget to take a look at
* <!--#listref [log in to unmask]>
* the hospital downsize and reengineering list!</a>
* <!--#listref [log in to unmask]>
* the Political Science of Psychology and Psychiatry list!</a>
* <!--#listref [log in to unmask]>
* the Psychiatric Epidemiology list!</a>
* <!--#listref [log in to unmask]>
* the Mental Health Workers and Psychiatric Technicians list!</a>
* </HTML>
*
* HISTORY:    2/10/96  List created by unknown listowner
*                  9/15/97 new listowner George Blake [log in to unmask]
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask]          Dr. George Blake
* Owner= Quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask]          Dr. Bob Zenhausern