John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 May 1999 10:34:31 -0400
> I wish that when a subscriber sends the query command to check their
> options of a specific list that the review option would not show up.  Sometimes
> it is necessary to set a person to quiet review but if they know to send a query
> command for their options, they would find out that they have been set to
> quiet review.

I'll have to third Lou and Adam.  You're heading for big trouble and a lot of
aggravation if you are not honest with your subscribers. As listowner you
must control the list, set the rules and the punishment for their violation. If
you never tell anyone they are violating, how are they ever going to learn?

You will gain much more respect from your list by being firm, enforcing your
own rules and being honest than by being sneaky and afraid to openly
enforce them. A good list owner is respected, not necessarily popular.