Jeff Lamoureaux <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 15:48:25 -0800
Thanks Rich, That did the trick!

I haven't gotten into the old school methods yet.  Just dived right into
customizing the web interface.  Guess I have some reading to do...

Thanks again,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Greenberg [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 1998 8:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Removing posts from the web archives???

On Nov 12, 12:48am, Jeff Lamoureaux wrote:
} Subject: Removing posts from the web archives???
} I'm running Listserv 1.8d on NT.  Is there a way to remove messages that
} have been posted to list from appearing in the web archives?  Removing it
} from the <listname>.log9811 file is easy enough do however it corrupts the
} index and that is far too cryptic to edit by hand from the looks of it
} (although I'm willing to try if someone could help me break the code).

Drop back to the old tried-n-true email interface.

Get the file    GET listname.LOGyymm
read it in on your logal computer
edit out the stuff you don't want
Add a line at the top:    PUT listname.LOGyymm  pw= your_list_password
Send it back to the listserv.  CAUTION:  no signature.
Listserv will rebuild the index.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1
770-563-6656