Richard Peters - Acting DEAF-L Owner <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 May 1994 12:00:38 PDT
On Mon, 16 May 1994 11:24:26 -0700 Rick Narad said:
>HELP!  I've just received several of these error messages and have no idea what
>it means.
>Your mail is being returned to you.
>Reason for return is:
>%MAIL-E-NOSUCHUSR, no such user SMTPUSER at node EKU

I got a similar message a few weeks ago from Kentucky, but for a
different node.  Just as I was about to contact Kentucky after a
couple of days of error messages, the problem went away.

Since the BITNET network control tables were distributed a week ago,
and since many sites do their updates on weekends, my guess would be
that the Kentucky BITNET table generation process had an error in it.

Richard Peters, Acting owner of DEAF-L.