Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 17:40:27 GMT
On Sat, 22 Nov 1997 23:21:44 -0500, "Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I do not know where the archives of lstown-l are, or I
>would have checked those as well...any help on that?

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lstown-l.html

The archives are where they always are for any LISTSERV list, on the same
host that operates the list (peach.ease.lsoft.com in this case).  If a WWW
interface has been activated for the list in question (not all lists are),
then you can figure out the address thusly:

 http://(hostname)/archives/(listname).html

>However, as for my suggestion:  Is there any way that the people at LSoft
>might be able to include in a future release of LISTSERV a modification to
>the use of archives, allowing people to post messages in response to other
>messages directly from the archive page?

This capability exists now for LSTOWN-L and other L-Soft hosted lists.
(It's a 1.8d feature.)  You see it on the archive header page at the
address above.

 Ben Parker ..... L-Soft international Inc. ..... [log in to unmask]