Ton van den Bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:34:42 -0500
Ben Parker wrote:

> It's a classic mail loop due to a broken mail server in Czech_Republic forwarded
> by a subscriber using an iname.com 'fake' domain.  Delete the subscriber
> [log in to unmask] and your problem should go away.

I did contact that subscriber but received no reply.  The problem did
go away even though he is still subscribed.

Any ideas on how to prevent this *before* it happens?  These mail loops
are like nuclear bombs and they do their damage with minutes.  It is
very disrupting.

Can anyone suggest improvement in the current list options (below)?

What bothers me most is that the second time around, the postings
did *not* go to the Editor address but were automatically approved.

Ton van den Bogert, Biomch-L list owner

*  Sizelim= 1000      Daily-Threshold= 20
*  Editor= [log in to unmask],(BIOMCH-L)
*  Notify= Yes       Reply-to= Sender,Respect
*  X-Tags= Comment   Validate= No                 Loopcheck=Full
*  notebook=  YES,d:\lsv-archives\BIOMCH-L,MONTHLY,PUBLIC
*  Stats= Normal,Private
*  Errors-To= Owners            Confidential= No
*  Newsgroups=bit.listserv.biomch-l               Ack= Yes
*  Default-Options= Repro,Mail,Nofiles,Fullhdr,Review