Thu, 19 Sep 1996 01:50:55 -0500
On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Helge Niska wrote:
> My list is steadily growing too big for me. I would like to hand over the
> ownership to somebody else, but noone seems to be willing to take it over
> full-time. So we are working on a solution with two or three people sharing
> the responsibility. What is the experience of LSTOWN-L members of such a
> solution?

It all depends on how you set it up.  If you mean the trio steadily
rotating sole responsibility with the other two "taking a break" it might
not work too well.  If each of the three is responsible for a particular
area as a general rule, but willing and able to fill in without a hitch
for another when the need arises it can work pretty well.

I can't really speak to three, but two seems to work fairly well,
even with a list in the 3,000 - 4,000 range.  One person normally takes
care of this and the other normally takes care of the other and either
can fill in for the other when needed.

A drawback is that it can get confusing for the subscribers, so you don't
want too many (also can get confusing for the listowners, "Ok, who's
supposed to be on duty here?").

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L