Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:59:18 -0500
Debbie Douglass wrote:
> On February 27, on [log in to unmask], Peter M. Weiss said:
>  >>It has been my limited (but recent) experience that sending
>  >>and receiving mail to other sites and claiming that everything
>  >>is fine is NOT proof positive that it is.

> Perhaps one of the LISTSERV managers out there could test putting
> back a list (using email) with a dummy list with a few dummy
> subscribers with various subscription options set.

I have used Netscape's mailer on Win95 successfully.  When sending the
list back, you must turn off line wrap in the message composition window
(make *sure* it is off).  Alternatively, you can save the
list to a PC file, then mail to Listserv, *absolutely no text*, and
attach the list file with "convert to plain text" selected.  This
creates an in-line text attachment of the file quite literally.  I
maintain a staff mailing list of > 800 subscribers and that's way too
big for Netscape's mail composition window and the in-line attachment is
the only way to get it done.

I should also note that I have my SMTP server set to the listserv
machine itself, which avoids any intermediate problems.  Our setup is
Listserv 1.8c and LSMTP on a Windows NT server.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>