Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Jul 1993 19:00:54 +0200
You are  right, errors that  go to owner-listname  do not have  the usual
subject  because  they do  not  go  through  the  loop detector  and  are
forwarded to you at a much lower level. I cannot just forward them to the
list address and make them go through the main post-to-list code with the
loop detector  and the formatted  subjects because there is  no guarantee
that they would then be detected as delivery errors. Instead I have added
code  to the  owner-xxx  forwarding  to generate  the  same subjects  and
headers you are used to. It will be in the next release.

  Eric