"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 08:17:00 EDT
Depending on whether you are a sadist or masochist, you could

.  find out if this mail site is really getting mail service from
   another host (use DIG BTV.MSMAIL.IDX.COM MX)

. it is: msmailgateway.idx.com, so I tried to telnet to its SMTP
  port and got FOREIGN HOST REJECTED THE OPEN ATTEMPT, which
  means, that even though they are activtely connected to the
  Internet, their SMTP host port is not available.   This
  is bad and a note to the [log in to unmask] WOULD HAVE BEEN
  a good idea, BUT postmaster is not VRFYiable, but SYSTEM
  is i.e., [log in to unmask]

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "Right bullet, wrong target" s/me      +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA

For about a week now all messages to this address([log in to unmask])
have been returned with the following message:
vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA unable to connect for 3 days to recipient host.
What action should I take? Many thanks, Pat