Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:21:07 -0500
> was told that I might want to confirm everyone..to avoid all the questions,
> etc..that will come. Another thought was to do  something like  "QUIET SET
> LACTNET REVIEW  FOR *@*" followed  by "QUIET SET LACTNET NOREVIEW FOR *@*" ...

I think you may want noreNEW rather than noREVIEW.  In this case REVIEW
deals with whether or not a person's postings must be approved or not.
RENEW/NORENEW deals with the periodic confirmation of subscriptions.

Also keep in mind that if you do a NORENEW for *@* it makes the Renew=
keyword invalid for all current subscribers.  Also, a set for *@*
will reset the counter for all current subscriptions.  If you did a
set noreview for *@* you will have reset the counter for everyone who
was set to review.  If you didn't have anyone set to REVIEW I don't
think it will do anything (does a set command which doesn't change
anything because the sub was already set that way do anything as far
as resetting the counter?).

You might want to use CONFIRM listname FOR *@* but the caveat that that
will change the counter for all current subs applies.  If you use the
set ... for *@* with any frequency you might as well set the list Renew= No
as far as I can see.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L