Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Jan 1993 23:25:21 -0500
Eric,

I'm delighted with the prospect of automatic digests.  This will
be a real help for the lists I run.

I'm a bit concerned that the digest will sometimes turn out to be
awkwardly large, even with daily digests.  One of our lists
sometimes has over a hundred messages per day.  I'm afraid that
the same people who have trouble coping with this number of
messages will also have trouble coping with digests that are a
couple thousand lines long.  Would it be possible to have long
digests broken into parts of no more than a thousand lines?

I'm not sure this is important.  We already offer a daily index
service (thanks to Marty Hoag's efforts) for our subscribers with
limited mail capacity.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>