Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:52:26 -0600
> of someone/thing else and what got re-delegated over time.  This one is a
> dictatorship run by a meglomaniac, that one is a democracy owned by the
> subscribers, over here's some kind of therapy group that answers to some

Those kind of problems could be stopped by simply having a listserv host policy, I
think, that states the primary listowner is responsible for the list to the listserv host
and the listserv host is responsible to the primary listowner. Any host that allows liists
to be owned by subscribers is in for big time trouble.

I like your ealier idea of having someway to record the primary listowner or
listowners for those lists that have more than one buck stops here person for the
postmaster's reference... and the adition of someone else's idea that changes to that
and/or the header can't be made with confirmation from the Primary(s).

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]