Ingrid Shafer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:41:14 -0600
I have been trying to convince our subscribers not to quote the messages to
which they are responding.  One of the subscibers insists that " AOL
*still* tags the whole email to the end of one's reply.  And no, there is NO
setting change available.  Moreover, it doesn't show in the reply box, so
the writer can't highlight and delete."  Is this true?  I can't imagine any mail
system that does not allow this sort of customizing. In the meanwhile, I have
suggested that people simply start a new message and type in the topic, but I
haven't been very successful :-)

Peace,

Ingrid

--
} Ingrid H. Shafer, Ph.D.
} Professor of Philosophy, Religion, & Interdisciplinary Studies