Cool Briton <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:42:51 +0100
I believe there are ppl who basically construct unwanted archives by
subbing to lists and archiving material as it comes in. this they sell on
to ppl who might be interested.

i had a request to form an archive on my list. as our listserv already
provides a good archive interface, i didnt see the need for another, and i
wondered what was "in it for them". they were cagey abt that - presumably
not wanting to own up they would offer them to others as well. i turned
them down.

apparently some ppl go ahead and archive lists anyway. do we know how
common this is? are there any known "pirates" whose addresses i can check
for? i guess there's no way i can tell if an address is like this generally.

Pete Watts

PERSONALITY-DISORDERS LIST:
http://rdz.acor.org/athenaeum/lists.phtml?personality-disorders