Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:41:32 -0600
Lately we have been having an increasing problem with people not being able
to subscribe because they never receive the confimation messages, so they
can't confirm.  Once we manually ADD them they receive the list mail just
fine, but they still don't receive any job outputs from LISTSERV,
regardless of what it is they do, or try to do.

I figure it is some sort of deliberate block at their sites, but what would
that be which allows the list distributed mail to go through, but blocks
all LISTSERV job output type items?  A filter for LISTSERV@* perhaps?  What
should I ask postmasters, or ask the subscribers to ask their postmasters,
to do to allow the LISTSERV job outputs through?

There are a lot of things these folk can't do if they can't receive the
job outputs, which includes all "confirm" messages.

Douglas Winship        [log in to unmask]