Pat Case <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 May 1999 11:07:20 -0400
1) I have been staring at the list of defaults for keywords in the Listowners Manual, for longer than I would like to admit, trying to figure out what the default setting is for Auto-Delete.

The manual reads:
Auto-Delete= No if "Validate= Yes", Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100) otherwise

Does it mean?
If "Validate= Yes", then "Auto-Delete= No"
If "Validate= No", then "Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)"

If so, since Validate defaults to No and I am using the default, I must add Auto-Delete= No to my header to prevent any and all auto-deleting, correct?

2) I am getting the following error message in my daily monitoring report for a large number of my subscribers, all from the same mail server, although there are no problems with actual mail delivery.  Hence my sudden interest in being sure that nothing will auto-delete. Can anyone tell me what "Relaying not permitted" is?

Last error: SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Relaying not permitted:

Pat Case
Librarian
Congressional Research Service
202-707-9104