JUDITH HOPKINS AT SUNY BUFFALO <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 16:45:08 -0400
I just sent  NOMAIL messages to various lists (including this one)
since I will be on vacation for a few days.  To some sites where I
have subscriptions to several lists I sent the message in the form
   set * nomail

I got back an acknowledgment that I was set to NOMAIL on the
lists to which I subscribe but what I found shocking was the
additional information in the acknowledgement message:
  Sorry, list AAAABBBB-L has been locked by owner since mm/dd/yy

  What was shocking was the dates shown.  In my acknowledgment
message half a dozen locked lists were listed with dates going
back as far as JANUARY 9, 1994!   What's up with those lists?  Can
mail still be distributed to subscribers or have they been effectively
dead for the past months?

   I guess I had better reset this list to MAIL for a few hours or
miss seeing any answers to this message.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of [log in to unmask]
     ULCJH@UBVM                  (BITNET address)
     [log in to unmask]   (Internet address)