Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:26:34 -0400
Pete Weiss wrote:
> At 16:59 6/28/2007 Thursday, Steve Howie wrote:
>
>> They want to be able to
>>
>> - restrict posting to the list to a local domain '*.uoguelph.ca' and 'uoguelph.ca'
>>
>> - have the list moderated with multiple editors, and the confirm option on posting requests
>>
>> They are trying something like the following
>>
>> [ ... ]
>>
>> Service= *.uoguelph.ca,uoguelph.ca
>> Review= Owner     Subscription= By_Owner     Send= Editor, Hold, Confirm
>> Confidential= yes
>>
>> The problem is that the moderators are getting confirmation messages when someone even *attempts* to post - they want to summarily DROP all postings coming from outside the *.uoguelph.ca and uoguelph.ca  domains.
>>

> how about ?
>
> SEND= PUBLIC
> DEFAULT-OPTIONS= REVIEW
> MODERATORS= ALL,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
>
> caveat emptor

Howdy

Thanks to Peter Weiss, Ben Parker, Rich Greenberg and Paul Russel for
their help in solving this. And my apologies for my misunderstanding
regarding the Default-Options= REVIEW keyword - not the same as Review=
Owner :)

The users list is now set up and working using the filter= keyword to
keep out the riff-raff

Thanks Rich!

Steve