"M. LEBLANC" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:28:45 EST
Hope someone can help me sort something out. :-)

Jim McIntosh pointed out that the gateway changes and the change to
(in my case) using:

*   Send=     Editor,Hold
*   Editor=   [log in to unmask],(HWY61-L)

in the header causes all posts from usenet to still come to me for review,
while subscribers' posts are "self approved". (The Approved by: line
has their own [log in to unmask])

If someone (a subscriber) posts to usenet, then how would that post also
come *self approved* to the list? As far as I know, if a subscriber posts
to usenet rather than to the list's address, it comes to me for approval
just like any old usenet post, and doesn't automatically get posted to
the list. The post in question never came to me for review as a usenet
post. Was posted to usenet and came through, self approved, 3 days later
on the list.

I posted to usenet from another account which is also subscribed
to the list. That post came to me for approval as a usenet post,
even though that account is subscribed.

The only two things that I can think of are:
The post was cc'd by the subscriber to the list address, or
{{{shudder}}}
The person was testing to see if an Approved-by: line could be forged
from usenet.

Anybody know if there's there some other situation that would cause
this self approval of a post made to usenet to happen?

Thanks, as always. :-)

Maureen