Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 May 1996 11:35:09 -0500
On 5/21/96 7:09 AM, Sylvie McGee wrote:
>When I talked with Qualcomm's techs, they confirmed that
>there was a patch for the Mac - but I frankly don't think that they were
>all that conversant with the resent-from line requirements in Listserv

It's possible that whoever you talked to doesn't appreciate the difference
between "resend" and "forward" (other mail software hasn't been consistent
about the headers produced by a -forward- command).  The resent- headers
are described in RFC 822, one of the basic Internet mail descriptions.
It's hard to believe anyone writing email clients for use on the Internet
wouldn't be thoroughly familiar with the relevant RFC's, but probably not
every tech support person is conversant with the details.  I would find a
"resend" command handy, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I don't have one
:-)

>Gee, I hope I am not being the source of great misinformation...

No harm, no foul ;-)

-Murph