Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:44:43 -0600
> If you don't want to teach the club members how to subscribe themselves
> to the various lists, perhaps you could query/extract the database items
> relevant to whatever list you're dealing with, and generate a batch of
> "quiet add useraddress *" commands to send to LISTSERV.  But you may have
> add a field to the database to mark those members who complain about this
> - they may not all wish to be on email lists, so you have to have a way to
> note that and exclude them in your query.

I think you missed the point.  The "point" is to avoid a duplication of
information (ie. the email address and name in multiple locations).  The
database currently contains some 800+/- names and is maintained by the club
secretary (who happens to be my wife).

What I was hoping for was a feature of Listserv (or another program if
Listserv can't do it, but I *much* prefer Listserv) which does not keep the
subscribers in a .list file at all, but instead will *automatically* pull
the addresses from a query or table in Access.

Chris Barnes                              AOL IM:  CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                      ICQ:     3581645