Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 12:09:43 -0500
Mario Rups writes:

> One of us, I know, uses TELL commands, but, since TELL never worked from my
> system (Vax running VMS), however, I've always used e-mail for all
> listserver commands.  Never had a problem unless listserv wasn't speaking
> to me, or listening to me, which is more to the point -- but that happens
> with TELL, also, of course.

        On a VAX/VMS system, interactive commands use SEND rather than
TELL.  I gather that interactive commands are possible only if there's a
Bitnet connection, however.  If you have only an Internet connection, you
have to send the commands by email.

        Joan Korenman        Internet: [log in to unmask]
                             Bitnet:   korenman@umbc