Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 20:51:54 +0100
>>Things I miss or would like to have:
>
>>1. A number for the Digest, one  that shows in the Subject shown in the
>>New Mail list. This would help differentiate between issues.

The subject field contains the day(s) for which this digest is issued.

>>2. The list of topics should include the name of the poster, so one can
>>easily look for posts from one's favourite(s).

The list of topics is compressed so that one thread = one line. Otherwise
it would be unusable for large lists.

>>3. The  numbers in front  of the  topics at the  top of the  Digest are
>>nice, and  I should like  to have them appear  at the beginning  of the
>>actual post, also. This is done on the MacHTTP list.

These numbers do not correspond to  messages, but to topics. There can be
multiple messages for each topic.

>>4. The most  sorely missed feature: Short, relevant  information at the
>>end of EVERY Digest, listing where to send mail to all an the list, and
>>where to subscribe and unsubscribe. VERY VERY useful. Should be compact
>>enough to soothe worries about waste of bandwidth.

The list owner can provide this  kind of info using the listname DIGEST-H
file.

  Eroc