"H.J. Woltring, fax/tel +31.40.413 744" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Aug 1992 20:59:00 N
Dear LSTOWN-L readers,

Yesterday, a strange posting was distributed to all > 500 active Biomch-L
subscribers.  As apparent from the exchanges quoted after it, a very peculiar
s/w bug in a commercial email router is claimed to be responsible.

   Suppose that a love letter cannot be delivered because of an incorrect
   address and that it is, therefore, returned to "Sender" while it should,
   instead, have been returned to "From:".  However, there is no "Sender"
   in private (e)mail, so our apprentice postman brightly concludes that
   he should use the last "Sender" address as previously seen on some other
   letter ...

I am posting this note so that fellow list-owners are forewarned about this
email quirk.  After preparing this note, some further communications were
received which, however, do not seem to distract from the main message.

Herman J. Woltring
Moderator, [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]