Paul Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:14:51 -0400
At 10:03 AM 7/16/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>At 16:20 07/15/1999 Thursday , Paul Shapiro wrote:
>
> >Only that I am trying to start a list ([log in to unmask]) but can only
> >get it to enable people to subscribe when sent to [log in to unmask], but
> >will not permit anyone to sign on to the list!
>End Reply
>
>That's not true: I was able to sign-on (with CONFIRM processing).  I
>"see" three others, but perhaps they were ADDed.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I erred in complaining about being
able to subscribe, I know that I/we,one can do that.

My complaint should have been that no one seems to be able to SEND A
MESSAGE TO THE LIST, which is what it is all about.

[btw, I am not familiar with the CONFIRM option, which I will look up, is
unrelated to the present problem.]

If you send a message to the list, I should be able to get it, right, as a
member of the list?

Please excuse these very basic questions; I have been subscribing to many
LISTSERV lists for years (4-5?), but my first foray into being an "owner"
is not getting off the ground.