Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:56:23 -0300
While I have a lot of sympathy with being strict about rules, I
find that simply putting a size limit on postings does a good
deal toward limiting excessive quoting (and those repeated
bottom banners).  Most of my subscribers aren't especially
sophisticated about lists and quoting, and don't actually
_notice_ that they've included all the messages in the strand
below their text, because they don't _look_ below their text.
It doesn't take long, though, before the message exceeds 150 or
200 lines and they can't post it.

-- Russ

St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/