David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:17:47 -0500
I'd like to publicly thank Francoise for her assistance and diligence
in helping us out with this.  It isn't a problem with Listserv, and
she has gone above and beyond to find a solution.

For now, however, we're going to try the FULL822 option for our AOL
members.  This will avoid the performance impact of the mail merge,
and (at least for now) let us identify any AOL members that report us
as spam (I won't include here my tirade about such users)

We also have some people that receive their email at our domain, and
having postfix deliver all mail to listserv will interfere with their
mail delivery.  I will take the information that Francoise has found
as a base, and see if we can deliver all mail to
owner*@hmssurprise.org to listserv.

The downside of the FULL822 option is that it overrides the
Subject-Tag, but most of our AOL members get the digest, and they're
not affected.  Of our few AOL members that get individual mails, some
are list members of long standing, and we will leave those folks with
SUBJheader

Again, many thanks to Lsoft, and to Francoise in particular.

On 1/11/06, Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> My colleague adds:
>
> Also, I think you have to have "local_recipient_maps=" set
> <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_recipient_maps>
>
> Francoise
>
> On 11 Jan 2006 at 21:04, Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > On 10 Jan 2006 at 17:47, Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > > How do you tell Postfix to forward all mail for HMSSURPRISE.ORG to
> > > LISTSERV and let LISTSERV decide how to deal with it
> >
> > A colleague of mine researched this for me and believes that
> > something along this line should work for Postfix:
> >

> > > I added this to master.cf:
> > > # LISTSERV test:
> > > lsvamin   unix -        n       n       -       -       pipe    flags=hu
> > > user=listserv argv=/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool ${recipient}
> > >
> > > and the following to main.cf:
> > > ### LISTSERV test:
> > > fallback_transport = lsvamin
> > >
> > > To filter incoming mail by domain instead of just dumping it all on
> > > LISTSERV, one could pipe all the mail through procmail first with a rule
> > > to pass mail to lsv_amin and a default one to bounce mail.
> >
> > Please let us know if this works for you.
> >
> > --
> > Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
> >
> > Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html
>
> --