"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Sep 1992 05:51:57 CDT
I apologize for asking a question that I could probably find the answer to
by going through listserv docs or by trial-and-error -- which I would enjoy
doing if I had time to stay at my computer all day instead of teaching
English classes.

Recently one of the WORDS-L subscribers whose system was cutting out the
"from" line in her list mail discovered that she could solve that problem
by sending this listserv command: 'set words-l iefhdr'.  Shortly thereafter
her copies of list mail that she had sent started bouncing to me.  They were
being distributed to the rest of the list, just not to her.  Other list mail
was getting to her fine.  (Repro is the default on the list since all the
subscribers want copies of their postings.)  We think there may be a connection
between the change in the header setting and the bouncing mail, although
that strikes me as strange.  This is a long way of leading to a short
question:  What is the IEFHDR setting?  I know about FULLHDR, required by
the usenet gateway address for example, but I had never heard of IEFHDR.
Thanks for any tips.  Here's a copy of one of the bounce messages for
her address: