John DeBruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 20:15:51 -0700
Hi Eric:

First, before I move on to what used to be a sensitive
subject back in old days, I want to thank you for all of the
help you and now your staff has afforded everyone
through this list--especially some years ago to us non-
accademic newbies who joined in the use of your listserv
software when the network opened up as the internet--to
learn about listserv and list operations.

Listserv just becomes better and better and still proves in
most cases to be the internet discussion group medium
of choice  over both Usenet newsgroups and the myriad
forms of Web-based group messaging schemes.

The implementation of the Web interface in listserv by
Lsoft has gone a long ways to deminish the number of
inquiries and requests sent to all of the subscribers when
one member wants to signoff, unsubscribe, remove me.

As I recall that there was a routine for diverting messages
that had signoff or other administrative command words in
the subject line from going to the entire list.  What about
restoring that plus: including the first several lines of the
message and including common variants like "remove"
and "delete," which could all be sent on to the list owner
for review.

Or has anyone come up with a script that the list owner
can maintain on his or her computer to screen messages
and send those that pass the screen on to be circulated.

Again thanks for all of the improvements since you took
this on,

John

John DeBruyn, part time moderator and full-time lawyer,
Denver CO USA

P.S. Here is the message, don't see too many of these
since the Web signoff has been installed and the footer
installed to point the way.  Actually I think the
subscribers probably found this particular message with
the "unsubscribe" subject line, no content and the footer
about how to unsubscribe to be a bit humorous.  J.

--
John DeBruyn <[log in to unmask]> Denver Colorado USA