Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:14:17 -0600
Eric's comments brought up one of the basic points of confusion:
the use of articles, definite and indefinite, with listserv.

I believe articles can be used, in some cases, if used properly:

send commands to the listserv *address* (which is not the list address)
                  a  listserv *address*

etc., etc.

It is the misuse of the articles, I think, which has caused a great deal
of the confusion (and, personally, I would love to see the
listname-request address disappear, and owner-listname also, except for
handling bonafide errors, these addresses just add to subscriber
confusion).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L