"Stephen C. Nill" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:22:59 -0700
        My forums are all "edited," in the Listserv sense (meaning I must approve
postings before they are sent to the list).  I realize that under 1.8c it
was possible to edit postings and send them on to the list as though they
originated from the original person who posted.  However, it required an
email client which support "resent" (or was it "redirect"?) headers.  None
of the major email clients (Netscape, Explorer, Eudora) supports this
requirement, I've been told.  It's just not practical to edit a posting and
then simply forward it to the list, since it then appears to be coming from
me and not the original person who posted.  Thus, for all pratical reasons,
Listserv 1.8c simply did not support editing of postings.

        The ability to use Eudora or any of the major email clients would be of
tremendous utility to me -- and to my co-moderators on my various lists.
Does 1.8d provide a practical means to accomplish the editing of postings?
Will it?

        Stephen C. Nill, J.D.
        CharityChannel, the Internet Discussion Forums
                of American Philanthropy Review
        http://CharityChannel.com/