Eleftheria Maratos-Flier <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 15:19:58 EST
Alan Hamilton writes:

...........>> I consider changing the list header a "dangerous
operation" that I do only when I have to.  It's too easy to make a
mistake and delete the header, or create a problem that isn't easily
fixed without calling on the help of an overworked listserv manager.<<

Is there anything intrinsically dangerous about it?  I keep two copies
of the header on my disk.  One has errors-to me the other has errors
to my co-owner. Otherwise they are identical.  When we switch of I change
the name of the file and send it to the listserver using the CMS command
"sendfile".   If this can potentially mess up the list I'd like to know
about it.  (I like not to get bounced error messaages when I am out of
town.  A few bounced digests can overwhelm my disk, even if my co-owner
is quick to take care of them)

I'm curious as to what people think.

Thanks.

Eleftheria Maratos-Flier