"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:56:11 -0800
I just received spam with my list's address in the From header.  This sent
a bounce message back to the whole list, instead of the list owners.  This
looks like an opportunity for spammers to send their messages to lists not
directly, but on the bounce.

The spam is in my list's archive at the following URL for the time being.
I will edit the list's archives to remove this spam after a week or so, or
after someone here or at LSoft has recommended a solution for avoiding
this kind of backhanded spamming.

http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0103d&L=nausicaa&F=&S=&P=273

Thank you for any advice/bugfixes you have to offer,