Mon, 4 Mar 1996 20:35:50 -0600
> >I don't know if this helps, but your list is on hold.  Maybe that
> >affects the notebook files?
>
> No, I don't think it does.  I still can't get the filelist even when
> the list isn't on hold.
> HELP!!!

If I recall correctly, you say INDEX listname   doesn't work.
How does it not work?  You get nothing?  You get an error message?
Other?

Is your list set up to have notebooks?  Has a filelist been established?
If you don't have notebooks, and you don't have a filelist, there is
nothing to index.

I don't recall, have you tried  GET listname FILELIST , and/or
GET listname FILELIST (ctl pw=xxxxxxxxx   ?

If you have notebooks, and a filelist, and you haven't access to them
I think you had best talk to your LISTSERV postmaster/maintainer/admin.
about it as he (she) is probably the only one who can fix the problem.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L